I am currently working as a psychological counselor with adults as well as an organizational trainer in corporate companies through online platforms. I have moved to the Netherlands in 2021, after living in Norway and Turkey.
The science of psychology has always taken a very special place in my life where I get inspired from different cultures, different experiences and different people.
I gained experience, with the opportunity to use my academic knowledge that I obtained through my two different graduate programs, in different organizations such as human resources, employee assistance programs and corporate training & consultancy centers.
If you need more information or have anything to ask, you can always contact me via; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Behavioral Studies & Therapies – Clinical Applications of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies Training
- Center for Behavioral Studies & Therapies – Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy Group Supervision
- Oxford University Mindfulness Center – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Training
- Psychological Health and Migration – Solidarity Association with Asylum Seekers and Migrants
- The International Society of Schema Therapy – Schema Therapy International Certification Training
- Bogazici University / Psychology Bachelor’s Degree
- Istanbul Bilgi University / Organizational Psychology Master’s Degree
- Istanbul Kent University / Clinical Psychology Master’s Degree
I have received extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) applications. I also combine multidisciplinary methods through my trainings on schema-therapy and mindfulness, nonviolent communication.
“Cognitive Behavioral Therapies” is a family of therapies that encompass various cognitive, behavioral and emotion-focused techniques. It focuses on the emotions, thoughts and behaviors that sustain the person’s problems. It has been developed and tested based on scientific findings, is more solution-oriented than different therapy schools and thus provides benefits in a shorter time. In this direction, the psychologist and the client actively and collaboratively try to reach the clients’ goals with different practices both inside and outside the session. Along with supporting the client to cope with current problems during the sessions, it is also aimed to gain life-long skills.
What is the structure of the sessions?
Online consultancy/ counselling sessions are held for 50 minutes. The first 1 or 2 sessions are especially important for the assesment, after that, the sessions proceed in a structured way with a solution-oriented approach.
Are you not familiar or certain about psychological support?
I believe that the initial consultations are very important both for the client and the counselor. In this sense, we can organize a free (up to 15 minutes) initial consultation so that we can both hear each other and exchange some basic information such as your counselling goals and my working method, and then you can decide whether you want to continue.
Follow on Medium
Small notes that I love and inspire, current research or controversial experiments in the history of psychology, thought-provoking questions, different theories…